Sr. DevOps Engineer
Location: Palo Alto, CA
The Senior DevOps Engineer is an integral part of the Operations team and will report directly to our CTO/Co-Founder. You should have experience running large-scale systems in a LAMP environment with knowledge of tuning MySQL servers. You will be responsible for keeping our games up and running, as well as building out our server infrastructure to support future games. Your work will directly impact the player experience of tens of millions of global players in the future. This is your chance to leave your legacy and be part of gaming history!
- Manage our global, always-on, multi-game infrastructure
- Help plan network maintenance, minimizing impact on our live games
- Sizing Hardware (Memory/HardDrive/CPU/Connections)
- Analyzing data metrics, while proposing system solutions (Performance Analysis)
- Extensive work with open source tools
- 5+ years of experience in medium-large scale systems (Nginx, Redis, Erlang/XMPP)
- Deep knowledge of tuning Linux (Ubuntu) internals and core system services (DNS, SMTP, Syslog, IPTables, etc.)
- Hands-on configuration management experience (Puppet, Chef, CFengine or SaltStack)
- Direct involvement in configuring and tuning MySQL servers, and running replication
- Extensive experience with Nagios, Cacti, and Git.
- Strong coding and scripting knowledge of Python and Bash
- Access to a car, with a valid CA driver’s license
- Exceptional verbal and documentation skills.
- Participate in on-call rotations and perform off-hour maintenance activities
- Enthusiasm for a fast-paced, start-up work environment
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Experience with OpenStack or other virtualization technologies
- Experience with network security, firewalls/ACLs, VPN services
Top Reasons to Join Us:
- Be part of the most innovative mobile gaming company with phenomenal growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full health benefits, ST/LT insurance and unlimited vacation
- Located in downtown Palo Alto near all the restaurants, bars, and cafes
- Food, snacks, drinks, and lunches/dinners with founders
- Monthly events (offsite mixers, game nights, ice cream socials, etc.), group lunches, holiday party, ping pong table, video games… and more!
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly known as Addmired, Inc.) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play mobile social games in the world. Launched in 2008 with Y Combinator, Machine Zone has seen explosive annual growth with its highly successful free-to-play games, including Game of War: Fire Age, iMob 2, Original Gangstaz, Global War, Race or Die 2, among others. To date, the company has well over 40 million downloads of their iPhone games and is the recipient of the 2010 Crunchies Award (Techcrunch) for Best Bootstrapped Startup. Machine Zone operates profitably and has raised two rounds of funding from Anthos Capital, Baseline Ventures and Menlo Ventures.
We are a unique, highly talented and ambitious team of free-to-play game experts and rock-star engineers, all focused on building highly engaging mobile experiences for our gamers. We continue to expand our teams and look for top talent around the world to build not only the most exciting technical and social projects in mobile gaming, but to help create the best gaming company. Come and be part of the revolution!
To apply, email Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration