Sr. Network Security Engineer
The Sr. Network Security Engineer is a key member of the Engineering team and reports into the CTO/Co-founder. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, in-depth knowledge of networks and systems, and experience with a variety of security technologies. You will be focused on evaluating, implementing and operating cutting-edge security technology to improve the overall security posture of the company.
• Implement and manage security vendor technologies that provide detective and preventative capabilities including: Vulnerability scanners, endpoint security, intrusion detection, SSL VPN network forensics, content detonation, network and application firewalling, change detection, and Security Event Management.
• Design, engineer, implement and operate firewalls supporting a high volume, high transaction rate web site.
• Employ technologies and refine strategy to detect and mitigate Denial of Service (DoS) attacks.
• Tune and update signatures and rules for Web Applications Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, DoS mitigation tools, monitoring tools and capacity planning tools.
• Perform discovery and vulnerability scans on networks and validate findings.
• Perform configuration reviews on network devices and production systems and suggest potential remediation guidelines for any discovered issues.
• Assist in technical investigation of security related events.
• Troubleshoot problems and respond to alerts.
• BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of experience in information security.
• Expert knowledge of UNIX
• Experience with financial or sensitive applications and web services-based applications, especially at massive scale.
• Extensive experience administrating routing and switching technologies.
• Experience engineering security technology solutions into carrier-class and enterprise grade networks.
• Working knowledge of TCP/IP stack and proficient with tcpdump or other network analysis tools
• Experienced with http protocol
• Proficient in bash, python for automation
• Understanding of network and web-based application attacks and experience creating rules in the technologies that detect and prevent them, including false positive reduction.
• Demonstrable skills in identifying and mitigating security vulnerabilities in operating systems and web applications.
• Good knowledge of industry suggested network device and system-level hardening best practices.
• Solid understanding of web services architecture and commonly employed technologies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-starter who takes ownership and responsibility for department projects and initiatives.
To apply, email your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration