Sr. Software Engineer, Build/Automation
The Sr. Build/Automation Engineer is a key member of the Game Development team and reports into the CTO/Co-founder. This position entails troubleshooting and resolving build issues and creating and maintaining build scripts and processes for full and incremental daily builds. You will support the implementation and improvement of software development practices, release management methodologies, and software deployment strategies. You will be responsible for helping to deliver high quality online, mobile MMOs, and your work will be seen by tens of millions of global players in the future!
• Own all aspects of the iOS and Android build/release process across all products, including configuration changes in development, staging, and production environments
• Automate processes and improve the entire release process
• Maintain and improve our internal development tools
• Facilitate or participate in the process of troubleshooting and resolving production technical issues
• Assess benefits of code merging versus cost and stability implications, and communicate this feedback
• Design and execute test plans of urgent enhancements and fixes
• 5-7 years of experience (gaming experience preferred)
• Bachelors (Masters preferred) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field
• Experience with automation build frameworks such as Jenkins, Buildbot
• Experience with mobile automation testing frameworks like Calabash
• Experience with C/C++, Java, Python
• Very comfortable in Unix
• Experience with Apache, Nginx, Tomcat
• Experience in iOS and Android
• Passion for games
Refer a Friend:
We rely on your referrals for our success, and to show our appreciation, Machine Zone offers a Referral Bonus Program. If you refer someone to us for a full-time position and we hire them, you will receive a $1000 referral bonus after 90 days of successful employment. Certain rules, restrictions, and eligibility requirements apply. To make a referral or to learn more about the Referral Bonus Program, please contact us at referral<at>machinezone.com.
Top Reasons to Join Us:
• Be part of the most innovative mobile gaming company with phenomenal growth opportunities
• Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full health benefits, ST/LT insurance and unlimited vacation
• Located in downtown Palo Alto near all the restaurants, bars, and cafes
• Food, snacks, drinks, and lunches/dinners with founders
• Monthly events (offsite mixers, game nights, ice cream socials, etc.), group lunches, holiday party, ping pong table, video games… and more!
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly known as Addmired, Inc.) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play mobile social games in the world. Launched in 2008 with Y Combinator, Machine Zone has seen explosive annual growth with its highly successful free-to-play games, including Game of War: Fire Age, iMob 2, Original Gangstaz, Global War, Race or Die 2, among others. To date, the company has well over 40 million downloads of their iPhone games and is the recipient of the 2010 Crunchies Award (Techcrunch) for Best Bootstrapped Startup. Machine Zone operates profitably and has raised two rounds of funding from Anthos Capital, Baseline Ventures and Menlo Ventures.
We are a unique, highly talented and ambitious team of free-to-play game experts and rock-star engineers, all focused on building highly engaging mobile experiences for our gamers. We continue to expand our teams and look for top talent around the world to build not only the most exciting technical and social projects in mobile gaming, but to help create the best gaming company. Come and be part of the revolution!
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration.