We are looking for Social Media Marketing Intern to join the Manicube team, starting in January 2014! This is a part-time, unpaid role requiring approximately 10-15 hours per week. We do offer school credit.
Manicube will become the leading national mobile salon services provider by disrupting the unsophisticated, antiquated salon industry. We are building the largest online marketplace for beauty services targeted at working women. Today, Manicube offers the convenience of quick manicures to busy, professional women at their place of work. Our licensed manicurists visit our clients’ offices weekly to offer 15-minute manicures to employees. All appointments and payments are booked via our website, manicube.com (version 2 launching in December 2013). We currently serve 50+ clients across a variety of industries and company sizes in both the New York and Boston markets. Beyond expanding into additional geographies with our B2B business, we plan to launch on-demand, direct to consumer services via a smartphone app.
The company was started in July 2012 by 2 Harvard Business School graduates. Manicube prides itself for making working women’s lives easier by chipping away at one of the many chores she’s trying to balance with commitments to career, family, and herself. We believe that a small, convenient lifestyle change—saving her an hour a week-- can add up and make an impact.
Boston Globe: The Manicurist Down the Hall
New York Magazine: Best Manicurist
The New York Times: Beauty Salons To Go
Mashable: Manicube Delivers Manicures to Your New York Office – Mashable
WABC Channel 7 TV Clip: Bringing Manicures into the Workplace
Our Social Media Marketing Intern should be a true self-starter excited to help shape and build a new employee services company! She/he should enjoy a fast paced environment and be comfortable in a corporate culture that rewards results and a respectful and proactive attitude.
Our intern will be responsible for managing all social media content and marketing for our Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram pages as well as tracking and reporting on detailed analytics. S/he will also be responsible for responding to any customer questions or comments on our social media pages, and will work closely with the Marketing Manager to create and implement social media marketing campaigns and design marketing assets. The ultimate goal is to increase Manicube’s Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram fan/follower base by 50% over the course of the internship. Specific responsibilities include:
1. Creating 7 content posts per week for both Facebook & Twitter that speak to the Manicube brand. These posts are pre-approved by founding team the weekend before postings are scheduled to be published.
2. Fostering an environment for open conversation on social media, specifically utilizing Twitter to create a dialogue between Manicube and its followers/outside companies.
3. Managing Manicube’s Instagram account. Communicating Instagram handle and posting information to client management and nail technician staff to encourage photo uploads from events.
4. Actively managing Pinterest content and creating relevant boards for the Manicube follower base.
5. Curating content for the Manicube iPad experience via Flipboard, Youtube, Pinterest, and Pandora.
6. Making recommendations for Facebook paid advertising opportunities.
7. Creating and implementing at least 2 social media marketing campaigns with the goal of increasing our fan/follower base. There may be opportunities to utilize third party social media apps or create a multi-ch
excellent communication skills
sociable and professional in appearance and very punctual
understanding the individual functions of specific social media channels
knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite with an emphasis on Photoshop
authorized to work in the United States (we do not sponsor Visas)
This is an unpaid internship requiring 15 hours per week.