Cogniance, a fast-growing Silicon Valley-based software consultancy, is changing the way companies around the world turn great ideas into successful products. We act as “intelligence multiplier” to venture-funded software startups and large corporations by putting together high-caliber teams capable of handling complex user experience, design, and technical challenges inherent in new product development.
We are looking for a Marketing Intern that will play a key role in developing and executing marketing initiatives. As our Marketing Intern, you will gain exposure to a wide array of B2B marketing concepts and approaches. You will have the opportunity to help develop the marketing efforts of a global multi-million dollar professional services firm, and have direct impact on our brand exposure and how our company is perceived by potential/current customers and partner organizations.
The ideal candidate has experience with marketing, sales, and/or communications, and is a quick learner with a proactive and adaptive mindset. We value people who take initiative and contribute to the discussion and decision making process.
The internship will be open-ended with no specific duration, and we expect the intern to continue his/her employment through the school year (with consideration for midterms, finals, etc.). The expected workload will be 20-40 hours/week during the summer and 10-20 hours/week during school semesters.
Skills & Qualifications
- Currently pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree in business, marketing, communications, journalism, liberal arts, or similar field
- Exposure to marketing, sales, or communications. This can be from past internships, full-time employment, or extracurricular work
- Passionate about technology and entrepreneurship
- Knowledge of web and mobile software (industry trends, development methodologies and languages, platforms) is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The Marketing Intern will work closely with the Management Team on aspects that include:
Social media presence (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
Blog content (news, articles, white papers, videos)
Website content (pods, case studies)
Sales and marketing materials
Outreach templates for lead generation
Event preparation (email campaigns, banners)
Online advertising and SEO
Market research and customer interviews
Ecosystem partner program
- Hourly base salary
- Bonus based on achievement of performance objectives