Writer's Bloq is hiring for a part-time, paid marketing and social media intern lasting six months. The ideal candidate is creative, a talented writer, and slightly quirky. (Yes, quirkiness is high on our list). This person knows the latest developments of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and other social media platforms, and can demonstrate social media experience through managing either their own online presence, or a group, business, or brand’s presence. This person has a unique voice and intelligent humor that entertains others.
*Who we are:
We are a startup focused on creating a community of writers. We want to help writers get discovered and assist them in spreading their work.
*Who you are:
- You possess of strong writing skills and individuality and can demonstrate both even in 140 characters or less.
- You have some tricks up your sleeve. You know how to use social media platforms to achieve your goals. You've tinkered with Facebook Insights, bit.ly, and Google Analytics and can optimize each for conversion and community growth.
- Brainstorming is your forte. You have ideas about how to involve new people and engage a community.
- Agility is your middle name. You can handle quick changes in direction and are comfortable jumping on a new wave mid-surf.
- You are passionate. More important than all of the above, passion exudes from you. You appreciate startups, technology, writing, and creative people.
*When we are doing it:
- Looking to do phone interviews on Monday-Wednesday (6/25-6/27)
- In person interviews on Thursday-Friday (6/25-6/27)
- Starting work by 7/1
*How to apply:
- When applying, please email with subject line: "SOCIAL MEDIA POSITION" and send links to relevant social media profiles, both personal and ones you have managed for others. Applications without the above will not be considered.