Marketing Manager(s), Social Media, Public Relations (PR), Blogging
Marketing Associate(s), Social Media, Public Relations (PR), Blogging
Are you passionate about launching an innovative product to consumers? Do you have what it takes to build engaging communities of tens of thousands of users on Facebook and Twitter?
If your answers are yes, then you have a great opportunity to join Urban Spoils Marketing Team, where we are bringing together the best of Social Buying.
About Urban Spoils:
Urban Spoils was launched in June 2010 by two value-conscious entrepreneurs and executives with vast experience at Yahoo! (YHOO), Microsoft (MSFT) and Wall Street firms. Urban Spoils capitalizes on a rising trend of social buying where websites like Groupon, Gilt, Living Social, Tippr, BuyWithMe, SocialBuy, Adility, Ideeli, RueLaLa, Bloomspot, PriceBunch, Scoop St, and HomeRun make it easier for people to enjoy fun things in their communities. Rather than competing with these websites, Urban Spoils aggregates local deals from more than 100 such services, selects the best deals, and presents them in a very easy to understand format.
Our rapidly-growing startup has 25 team members, who take pride in calling themselves either Boilers or Spoilers. Boilers include product, UI, research & development staff; this team has built a proprietary extraction and matching engine for social buying aggregation. Spoilers include consumer marketing, social media and partnership staff; this team is passionate about sharing the goodness with the world.
Urban Spoils is looking to hire Marketing Managers and Marketing Associates to launch and grow its consumer business in Social Media and Online space. Positions are available both on full time and part time basis, across US. This is a stock-only position.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside F500 veterans and build professional skills in several marketing categories. Here are some of fun-filled & challenging tasks you’ll lead:
· Assist in building out external marketing program through execution of viral, social media, online and other types of campaigns to drive traffic to Urban Spoils website, FB and TW fan pages
· Develop and manage fully integrated cross channel marketing campaigns that drive positive brand awareness, acquisitions, and increase customer expansion and retention
· Execute multiple-city campaigns concurrently and orchestrate in collaboration with media planners, external vendors, and other co-branding partners as needed
· Be a brand ambassador, ensuring all creative messaging throughout all customer touch points adheres to the overall brand
· Work closely with both internal and external creative resources to create the right messaging
· You will need to be savvy in social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, etc. Must have a burning desire to lead viral marketing segment and should have ability to work in a fluid startup environment.
· Prefer Alumni or MBA or Undergrad students from top 20 US universities, especially with focus on marketing, communication, business, or journalism.
· Must have interest and abilities in developing integrated marketing campaigns that drive customer retention and increase site usage by identifying and focusing on customer preferences and needs and inspiring their desire to return
· Understands what it takes to execute a successful social media program
· Top notch written and oral communication skills
· Desire and ability to succeed in a fast-paced startup environment where goals are aggressive and quality is key. Must be resourceful and scrappy.
· For those who are considering part time or internship opportunities, you must be able to spend a minimum of 20 hours/week (flexible hours)
MBA or Undergrad degree with focus on Business, Marketing, Journalism etc. from Top 20 Universities in US
This is a stock-only position.