AlphaKick.com is one of the fastest growing independent voices online, and it would be nothing without the hard work of the men and women who write for us on a daily basis. With a content slant toward an edgy young male readership, you can be sure that anything found on AlphaKick has our stomp of approval. Or well, in the very least we thought it was interesting.
Whether you’re a dedicated feature writer or a beat-savvy news guy, we could use your help, and now. I mean, right now. As in, why are you reading this and how come you haven’t submitted an application yet? Yeah, that kind of now.
• Strong knowledge of your niche of choice.
• Capable of writing multiple stories per week (less as a Feature Writer).
• Strength of character to go above and beyond what is asked of you.
• Ability to stay self-motivated and disciplined in a free-roaming work environment.
• Be a good person. If you’re not a pleasure to work with, then we don’t care how good you are.
• Serious commitment to meeting deadlines where necessary.
• Willingness to attend major events within your niche is a plus.
• Speak English. As your first language. Thanks :)
• Experience with the WordPress publishing platform would be nice.
• Minor HTML skills couldn’t hurt, if you have them.
____ Producing a minimum of one original feature, editorial or column story each week.
____Coming up with your own ideas for original stories.
____Willingness to take on suggested story ideas where necessary.
____Staying up-to-date on the latest news within your niche.
____Producing a minimum of two news stories per week (3-5 preferred).
____Including a link to your source of information in every story.
High School graduate minimum, college graduate preferred.
Full writer benefits, requirements & details can be found here: http://alphakick.com/write-for-us
This is technically a non-paid entry level position, however we offer many benefits to new writers, including the opportunity to climb to a proper paid position as well as promotional swag where necessary for your niche.