Adjust controls to generate specified electrical power, or to regulate the flow of power between generating stations and substations.
2) Control and maintain auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, fans, compressors, condensers, feedwater heaters, filters, and chlorinators, to supply water, fuel, lubricants, air, and auxiliary power.
3) Control generator output to match the phase, frequency, and voltage of electricity supplied to panels.
4) Make adjustments or minor repairs, such as tightening leaking gland and pipe joints; report any needs for major repairs.
5) Monitor and inspect power plant equipment and indicators to detect evidence of operating problems.
6) Open and close valves and switches in sequence upon signals from other workers, in order to start or shut down auxiliary units.
7) Operate or control power generating equipment, including boilers, turbines, generators, and reactors, using control boards or semi-automatic equipment.
8) Place standby emergency electrical generators on line in emergencies and monitor the temperature, output, and lubrication of the system.
9) Regulate equipment operations and conditions such as water levels, based on data from recording and indicating instruments or from computers.
10) Replenish electrolytes in batteries and oil in voltage transformers, and reset tripped electric relays.
11) Start or stop generators, auxiliary pumping equipment, turbines, and other power plant equipment, and connect or disconnect equipment from circuits.
12) Take readings from charts, meters and gauges at established intervals, and take corrective steps as necessary.
13) Clean, lubricate, and maintain equipment such as generators, turbines, pumps, and compressors in order to prevent equipment failure or deterioration.
14) Collect oil, water, and electrolyte samples for laboratory analysis.
15) Communicate with systems operators to regulate and coordinate transmission loads and frequencies, and line voltages.
16) Examine and test electrical power distribution machinery and equipment, using testing devices.
17) Inspect records and log boo