We are looking to grow our current extraordinary team and have PHP developer positions to fill. Sound interesting, read on …
You will be required to build new websites (both front-end and back-end development), maintain existing websites, speak to customers on the odd occasion (we like our customers to speak direct with who they are working with), be brilliant at problem solving and have an eye for design/layouts (you don’t have to be a graphic designer!).
You will work closely with an experienced development team building websites and solving real-life client issues, learning the ins and outs of Magento, and how to deliver consistent, creative solutions to our industry’s most challenging problems.
1 yr (minimum) Commercial experience in Web Development
Object-Oriented PHP experience
Good MySQL experience
Very basic working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop (splicing PSDs)
Excellent HTML and CSS knowledge
Good communication skills, both written and verbal
Experience with MVC frameworks (particularly Magento)
A flair for graphical and interface design
HTML5 and CSS3 experience
Experience using Linux environment
Experience with complex, large scale web applications
At Sonassi we look for team members who go the extra mile, so we offer more than just a salary:
• A generous holiday allowance – we all love a good break, so every team member get 28 days annual holiday including all Bank Holidays and a Christmas/New Year closure period (because we all love a good Christmas too!).
• Paid sick days – just because you’re suffering with the flu, it doesn’t mean your wages should suffer too.
• Convenient work hours – you’ll come in at 10am and go home at 6pm, its extremely rare we’ll ask you to work outside of these hours.
• Paid overtime – but if you do offer to help out outside of office-hours, we pay overtime at a minimum of 1.5x time.
• A fantastic working environment – our brand new office has a kitchen area, break-out area and great views of Salford Quays and is easily accessible via car or public transport (with parking on site if you need it)
• A true developers workstation – with no less than 2 monitors, a top of the range computer and extremely comfortable chiropractic chairs
• Free tea and freshly ground coffee (straight from the beans of course) every day!
• Annual go-karting tournament – on Sonassi’s birthday, the whole team gets to go karting, at the company’s expense.
• Laid back working environment – we work hard, but that doesn’t stop us playing computer games at lunch time and listening to music all day long (check your music compatibility with ours at Last.fm)