Product Manager – Payments
Location: Redwood City, CA
Are you a payments guru? Do you have deep expertise with payment gateways/processors and want to build a game changing product?
Zuora's product management team is looking for a senior product manager for our Z-Payments product. Z-Payments provides the complete invoice to cash process with an emphasis on seamless integrations to Payment Gateways and Processors such as PayPal, CyberSource, Chase Paymentech, Litle, GlobalCollect, just to name a few.
In this role, you will drive product innovation by defining the gateway integration strategy as well as leading the integration efforts with our payment providers.
What makes us different?
• We obsess about user experience and our customers represent small startups to Fortune 50 customers.
• We strive for customer intimacy and meet with our customers to review strategy and design to make sure we are great partners.
• Our solutions are mission critical, so we have to think about scale, performance and extensive downstream impacts.
• We lead the product innovation from initial strategy through delivery and customer evangelism.
Zuora is a hot, venture backed startup with an impressive customer list that includes EMC, Sun Microsystems, Reed Business Information and Box.net. Zuora is built from the ground up by SaaS industry visionaries and veterans from salesforce.com, WebEx, Accenture, Google, eBay, Oracle and Vitria and our investors include Benchmark Capital, Shasta Ventures and Marc Benioff, CEO of Salesforce.com.
Here at Zuora we not only pride ourselves on having the best customers, the most impressive investors, the most comprehensive ecosystem but quite frankly, the best product as well. In the past 18 months Zuora has received dozens of accolades including a CODiE Nomination for Best Software as a Service, being named to the JMP and Always on Top 100 lists and swept the Under the Radar Series.
This is your chance to get in on the ground floor with a company that is poised for success, and set on a trajectory for huge growth. Like Bruce Richardson, head of AMR Research says, “if you can spend 15 minutes with Zuora, it will be the most profitable 15 minutes of your life.”
The product manager sets the strategy for the product based upon customer needs and strategic company direction. This role requires strong strategic focus, but is very hands on. You'll need to define business problems, product requirements and drive an intuitive user experience. The features are reviewed with multiple customers and we iterate on the design until we get it right. We work closely with a world class engineering team to drive the delivery of the feature in an extremely fast paced, agile software development process.
Building a great product is only half the fun as we work with sales and our customers to ensure the products are hugely successful. We gain deep customer insight through active participation in sales calls where we position both the product and our company. Our fanatical obsession for customer satisfaction means we drive ongoing product innovation by working closely with our exceptional customer success team to complete the customer feedback loop.
• Ability to think like a CEO and drive the success of the product.
• Strong domain experience with electronic payments
• Leadership through influence rather than organization structures.
• Willingness to do whatever it takes to succeed in a hyper-kinetic startup environment
• Great problem solving abilities with the skills to fully comprehend the downstream impacts and identify root cause.
• Ability to drive thought leadership both internally and with customers and partners.
• Strong global focus with the ability to work with distributed Engineering and Sales teams
• Prior product management or implementation consulting is a plus
• Knowledge of accounts receivables process is a plus.
• MBA is highly pr