About Sustainable Silicon Valley (SSV):
Sustainable Silicon Valley (SSV) is a dynamic collaboration of 120+ businesses, governments, academic and non-governmental organizations (Partners), and scores of volunteers addressing environmental sustainability in Silicon Valley. We envision a healthy environment, a vibrant economy, and a socially equitable community. SSV was designed to move beyond the traditional command-and-control model of environmental regulation to one of collaboration and partnership. By focusing on the desired outcome, rather than compliance-driven standards, participants can choose the methods to reach that outcome that make the most sense financially and technologically for each of them. We operate at the intersection of policy and action.
Position: Project Associate – Sustainability Roadmap
Time Commitment: 10-15 hrs/week in the SSV Santa Clara office location, part-telecommuting OK
Reports to: Program Manager - Sustainability Roadmap
About Sustainability Roadmap
EcoCloud, a project of Sustainable Silicon Valley, is a virtual space where you can connect with Silicon Valley Business Leaders, industry experts, researchers and policy makers striving to make our enterprises and our region more ecologically, equitably, and economically sustainable.
EcoCloud’s mission is to support collaboration and innovation for sustainability and to offer enterprises an opportunity to exchange and implement sustainable ideas and solutions both within and across sectors (corporate, government, NGO, etc.)
To further this mission Sustainability Implementation Roadmap project aims at providing, a valuable tool for organizations to assess their current status and to plan their future progress in sustainability; a step-by-step guide for identifying easy-to implement goals and determining a course of action; the ability to benchmark organizations against their peers and all institutions.
· Research and review Sustainability practices of partner/non-partner companies.
· Collate and write articles/documents on sustainability practices of companies and contribute in the development of Sustainability Roadmap.
· Provide direct support to project teams in all areas of Sustainability (beyond LEED)
· Track Environmental Metrics
· Attend project meetings
· Collaborate with Marketing in website development
· Strong online research and writing skills required
· Advanced computer skills with proficiency in MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Knowledge or experience with Net Zero Energy, Greenhouse Gas Accounting, Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs), Living Building Challenge, or other green building rating systems is a plus
Graduate degree preferred
Non Compensated Volunteer position