Our product positively impacts lives.
We want to help kids who are at risk. We also want to help the people who are trying to help those kids. We accomplish these goals through web-based, user-centered software via our product, Casebook. To do this, we are tackling the long-term objective of developing, selling, and implementing innovative technology for the public sector (a.k.a. state and federal government).
Help us solve real problems.
This is not your average content-driven or e-commerce Ruby on Rails application. It is an application, mandatorily used by government employees and others, with deep workflows, intricate modeling and statistical analysis. We employ an agile approach, but work with customers who are more traditionally waterfall. Our platform is written utilizing 100% open source frameworks and tools. Our goal is to make government operational technology as usable and enjoyable as consumer web-based products – so that government can gather and utilize reliable data in order to manage its operations and improve its ability to serve constituents.
What you'll do as one of the Project Managers at Case Commons:
Act as the central point of contact for the teams you work with, the clients or internal stakeholders for your team(s), and support operations. You will work closely with a cross-functional team lead by the Product Manager (UX, Engineer, QA, Project Manager, Data Analyst). You’ll be responsible for ensuring your teams are on track (meeting goals, on time, and on budget), running smoothly, and operating strategically.
Create plans, in conjunction with a Product Manager, to track key project milestones, advocate for adjusting project plans or resources to meet objectives when necessary, and work with the team to mitigate risk.
Work with internal and external stakeholders (from customer business owners to users of varying job titles to internal management) to ensure our Product team is strategically addressing the stakeholders needs. This includes, but is not limited to, documenting meetings and key decisions, tracking and communicating progress (internally and externally), managing expectations, and facilitating meetings.
Model and assist the team in following processes while looking for ways to continually improve.
Thrive in a working environment where you have multiple concurrent mission critical projects
Create, maintain, and share documentation of your projects in collaboration with the team.
Raise red flags and facilitate dialogue that transforms “issues” into actionable plans.
Support prioritization of work into minimal viable releases in accordance with the broader product roadmap, budget, and timeline.
Assist in researching and collecting data to help define optimal operational and technological approaches with the team throughout the product lifecycle.
Collaborate well with a cross-functional team and colleagues: understanding personal and team roles; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback.
Proven ability to build strong relationships
What you have
· Your current title may be project manager, project coordinator, consultant, accounts manager or comparable roles for your industry.
· 1 to 5 years experience in project management or client management ideally at a technology firm and/or organization that has worked with government clients.
· Significant real world experience with Office, spreadsheets, and tracking tools.
· Strongly analytical skills coupled with creative approaches to solving problems
· Empathy and education to see things from a mission-oriented, business and technical perspective
· Strong desire and skills to succeed in a startup: tenacious, self-directed, creative, flexible, strategic but can turn on a dime, able to inspire others and to be inspired
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· High level of professionalism, reliability, attention to detail, and highly organized
· Willingness to go the extra mile to make things happen; ability to travel 30% of time
· Strong inter-personal and team skills, with active listening abilities and instincts
· Ideally, tech savvy with a good understanding of web technologies, social networks and other online and mobile applications, and a passion for following new technology and product trends
· Ideally, experience with large projects with multiple streams, complex dependencies and complicated stakeholder ecosystems
· Ideally, experience with tools such as Visio, OmniGraffle, Tom’s Planner, PivotalTracker, Zendesk, XML
· Ideally, exposure to government or enterprise technology projects particularly if you want to envision and implement ways to do things differently
· Common sense, limitless curiosity, terrific taste and an appreciation for the absurd