Responsible for planning and executing the quality effort associated with IT implementations to ensure solutions have the appropriate quality level when they go into production. Plan, implement and follow software development process quality standards, methods and procedures. Participate with the business and lead the overall QA test effort for projects including test planning, functional testing, non-functional testing and User or Business Acceptance Testing.
Interact with the business to obtain business quality requirements and is able to translate these requirements into a QA Test Plan. Develop and execute testing procedures, collects data, analyze data and reports on software suitability for application placement into production. Ability to analyze and report on overall quality statistics. Perform quality assurance testing, create test plans, execute test scripts and test cases, communicate test results, and support users with User Acceptance Testing. Act as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners. Document business and application issues and assists in their resolution. Proficient with various QA tools and utilizes specific manual and automated tools as required – particularly skilled in QTP and Load Runner/Performance Testing.
65-75% Create and execute QA test plan and test cases.
10-20% Analyze and report QA statistics.
10-20% Interact with business to plan, document, and conduct appropriate QA testing.
5-10% Perform other duties as assigned.
• Familiar with standard IT concepts, practices, and procedure
• Understand IT organization’s systems and capabilities
• Intermediate knowledge of automated functional and defect tracking tools
• Intermediate Microsoft SQL and/or Oracle query skills and Database structure knowledge
• Intermediate Quality Assurance skills
• Intermediate verbal and written communication skills with strong customer focus
• Intermediate organizational skills, attention to detail, strong decision making skills, and problem solving skills
• Intermediate analytical skills
• Ability to develop test plans
• Strong experience in developing and conducting test processes for multiple types of systems and client users
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems
• 4 to 6 years IT experience to include 2 to 4 years technical QA experience