iOffer, an upcoming leader in person to person marketplaces, is seeking a
web application engineer. We are currently working with Ruby on Rails and would like
to find a motivated individual that would like to add value to our team.
Candidate must have hands on experience with MVC frameworks and be willing to learn
new technologies and work with a fast paced team. Responsibilities include front-end
HTML, middle ware scripting layer and back-end data access.
Specifically, we are looking for a candidate with a thorough understanding and past experience with:
* Ruby, version 1.8 and forward
* Ruby on Rails 1.2 and 2.x
* MySQL 4.x and 5.x
* Linux (2.4 and 2.6 kernel)
* Ferret search
- Strong background in Object-oriented programming and Design Patterns.
- Working knowledge of SQL (MySQL 5).
- SVN source code control management.
- Ability to develop with basic coding software.
- Must have a strong desire to learn new technologies and apply them rapidly
This position is for our San Francisco, CA office where you will work as part of our on-site
development team. We want an expert on-site, and so please at this time no telecommute or
This opportunity is for a contract, but could become a long-term engagement for the
right candidate. The position is located in San Francisco.
Please No H-1's
Working experience with Ruby on Rails (1-2 yrs)