Responsible for all sales activities in assigned accounts in Sales Region 1 (Maine, Vermont, New York, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Maryland). Manage quality and consistency of product and service delivery.
Reports: Vice President of Sales and Marketing
1. Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients.
2. Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
3. Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
4. Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
5. Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
6. Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
7. Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships.
8. Prepare paperwork to activate and maintain contract services.
9. Manage account services through quality checks and other follow-up.
10. Identify and resolve client concerns.
11. Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
12. Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
13. Coordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
14. Develop and implement special sales activities to reduce stock.
15. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Ability to persuade and influence others. Ability to develop and deliver presentations. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques. This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Bachelor's Degree and three to five years of sales or marketing experience.
3. Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
4. Work requires significant local travel to current and potential clients. This requires the possession of a valid state drivers license within 60 days of employment.
Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional overnight travel.