Rockstar Software Engineer
Hot startup in the social media/gaming space – Auckland, Auckland
Rockstar Software Engineer (Mac OS/iOS)
Do you want to work for a hot new software start-up chartered with totally changing the social media landscape? - do you want to be a key part of such a team significantly impacting the product from the ground up? - are you a Rockstar coder who is excited about the opportunities in the mobile devices space? - if you answered yes to all these questions, then you have come to the right place!
We are building an application involving the Unity game engine to create a dynamic intertwined social/gaming experience. Among other things we have created a completely new environment for real-time social interaction, and are heading in the direction of creating a multi-platform social media OS.
Our team is looking for someone with a passion for software development; experience in mobile device application development, and someone who really enjoys social media; graphics; and games. A strong developer with independent mindset requiring little to no hand-holding; a great team player, and most importantly a positive attitude :)
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Solid design, coding and debugging skills
• Well-versed with fundamental computer science data structures and algorithms
• 2+ years of experience with Mac OS, iOS SDK, iPhone/iPad development (Objective-C, C, C++, Xcode IDE)
• Excellent understanding of iOS User Interface Guidelines
• Experience with Core Graphics and Core Animation
• A strong understanding of MVC frameworks
• Familiarty with .Net/CLR/C#
The following would be a plus, but not essential:
• Object-oriented software development experience
• Knowledge of Windows internals
• Knowledge of and/or experience with one or more of the following
o Android application development
o Nokia/Windows Phone application development
• Familiarity with MonoTouch
• Familiarity with Unity game engine
The position will be located in Auckland (international travel may be necessary), and the successful applicant will have the opportunity to participate in Stock Options.
Please send us your resume and explain why you are the one for the job.