Your attitude reflects your unbearable wish to create? You actively develop your own interests and projects? Do you enjoy fruitful discussions? Creative approaches? You do not fear to leave well-travelled paths? Do you feel inspired by next-to-impossible problems? Have no fear of not always getting your say? Have no fear of often getting your say and being responsible for it, too? Are you honest, straightforward and speak your mind? You like to finish projects? Do you appreciate a userbase that sometimes gets ahead of you in terms of creativity, and generally, awesomeness?
If you are that kind of person, are proficient in Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL and have what it takes to maintain, improve and extend a large-scale Rails site from day one, we'd really like to hear from you.
Altough your initial tasks will mainly concern RoR, we appreciate generalists. Beyond Rails, there will be opportunities to play with these technologies:
* Cassandra || Redis || Memcache || CouchDB || MongoDB || Hadoop || PostgreSQL || Python, as in "scalable data broker design"
* C || Clojure || Erlang || Python || Scala, as in "highly parallel realtime XMPP messaging framework"
* Mobile applications of all sizes and flavours
You'll be joining a team of three in Vienna, Austria and be an equal when it comes to shaping the future of the product and company. The position is competitively remunerated and initially limited to a four month project, with an option for extension. You are not required to speak German, but your English should be adequate for elaborate technical discussions, knowledge transfer and documentation.
* Familiarity with Soup and/or competing products as a user
* Activity in open source projects, user groups, hacker communities, etc.
* Startup affinity, familiarity with the "lean startup" methodology, metrics-driven development, agile development practices, etc.
* Front end and UI design, marketing or SEO skills
* Immediate availability
We ♥ diversity: Women, minorities, disabled people and members of other underrepresented groups will be given precedence. Please do apply.
Applicants from abroad:
If you are a citizen of the "new" EU member states, or non-EU, we will do our best to help with a work permit.
The job includes full social security by law. Social security in Austria includes great healthcare (coverage for your spouse, freedom to choose your doctor, vision and dental work) as well as accident and unemployment insurance.
Austrian law also requires 25 paid vacation days per year and paid sick days as needed.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org. No need for formalities, provide a personal introduction and links to your work instead.