We are looking for a Ruby on Rails contractor.
Are you a software engineer looking to work for a startup company working on challenging problems? TalentSpring is a startup company using data mining to match employers and job seekers (using job descriptions and resumes).
- 6+ Months experience with Ruby on Rails
- UI Web Development
- Computer Science BS degree
- Strong background across Computer Science: Designing algorithms, etc.
- Strong debugging skills
- Practical decision making when creating Commercial Products
- Proficient building high quality UI (Web 2.0)
- Experience with Merb in RoR
- Experience with Amazon EC2
Do you want to work on a product that involves the following areas:
- Machine Learning / Data Mining: Support Vector Machines, Regression Analysis, Graph Theory.
- Internet Crawling/Indexing: Using Hadoop to crawl the internet building large sets of data for data mining
- Server Clustering Cloud: Algorithms that scale across Amazon EC2 servers, such as MapReduce.
We are looking for smart engineers who want to have a big impact in the products that they build. Our company culture is engineering focused and allows our engineers to have a large impact in shaping our business. We are looking for someone who wants to have a big impact by working on hard engineering projects. We have a solid business model.
We pay salaries normal for funded startup companies. Our company is funded with over $1.6mil from angel investors (including VC as an angel). Compensation plan includes stock options (with larger amounts than a VC funded company).
Our offices are in downtown Seattle. Feel free to email with questions or to apply. Feel free to forward to anyone who would be interested.
Please don't contact us if you are an agency recruiter, are looking for off-shore projects, or require relocation costs to relocate.