Navigating Cancer is a new venture founded by medical and technology veterans that is developing an online resource and set of tools that help cancer patients better manage and navigate their care. We are an early stage company in Seattle backed by strong investors and are looking for a talented, ambitious, self-directed Ruby on Rails developer. If you’re eager to improve healthcare information access for patients using novel web-based tools and applications and have a proven track record of excellence, this role may be of interest to you!
* Working with Ruby on Rails to design and build a web application for cancer patients
* Ability to manage your time and deliver quality code in a fast paced and collaborative setting
* Extensive development experience with Ruby on Rails (2.0+), with at least one production-deployed project, and a passion for the REST pattern
* 5+ years experience in development, architecture and domain design
* Excitement for the mission of Navigating Cancer and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming healthcare technology start-up
* BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Experience with agile/rapid software development environments a plus
This is for a full time, on-site position with the awesome Navigating Cancer team. Our offices are in the Fremont area in Seattle, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.