- Experienced engineering candidate sought to support architecture, design, development, and certification of SGSN and MME network elements.
- As a member of the Regional Packet Core team, the candidate will support architecture and design related tasks as well as functional, interoperability, and service related certification activities for new network elements.
- In addition, the candidate will support specific software and feature related certification activities for the MME and SGSN platforms as needed.
- The candidate will also work closely with external equipment and OEM vendors, internal design engineers, and operations groups to identify product opportunities and improvements to ensure that AT&T services and operational requirements are satisfied.
- Knowledge of 3GPP based architecture and call flows, 3GPP/IETF standards, UEs and tools used in the implementation and operation of SGSN and MME network elements.
- Experience authoring and supporting high level and detailed level architecture plans and diagrams for 3GPP Network elements.
- Specific experience developing and executing test object lists for testing of core elements using real UEs and protocol analyzers.
- In depth knowledge and strong experience with Ericsson, NSN, and ALU SGSN and MME node CLI.
- Knowledge of protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, SCTP, S1AP, Diameter, GTP, M3UA, SCCP, RANAP, GMM, SM) and high level understanding of OSPF, MPLS, VRRP, SSH, SNMP, and L2 VLAN).
- Specific experience testing network functions to include paging, intra and inter technology mobility, session management, and QOS.
- Hands on experience integrating network hardware platforms including SGSN and MME elements.
- Knowledge of DNS, IP addressing, NAT, load distribution.
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills a must.