We’re looking for a hunter: an intern to help support our sales staff for research and prospecting software providers. OpenCandy is changing the way applications are discovered, distributed and monetized, and we need someone to help us close, build and manage partnerships with software publishers; ultimately building each partnership opportunity into a raging success. If you have the competence, creativity and hustle to remain focused, productive and execute well beyond expectations in a fast-moving start-up environment, read on as this position with OpenCandy could be an ideal match for you.
What you’ll be doing
• Researching: You will research and identify software developers across the world who are good candidates to run the OpenCandy advertiser offers.
• Prospecting: Identifying, researching, and prioritizing potential publishers who might be able to benefit from OpenCandy’s software monetization solution
• Contacting: Doing what it takes to get in front of key decision makers in the industry.
• Collaborating: Working with the outside publisher sales team to take interest to the engagement level with partners.
• Building: Thinking outside the box and creatively structuring messaging that gets positive results.
• Learning: Staying close to each deal and working alongside sales from close to launch to success.
What we’re looking for
• Ability to focus and prioritize in the fast-paced environment of a start-up
• Ability to see beyond the short-term and work toward goals that will set us on the right path for long term success and sustainability
• Excellent written and verbal, internal and external communication and presentation skills
• Strong familiarity with and experience using analytics platforms to track success metrics
• An entrepreneurial spirit
• A passion for new and cutting edge web and software technology
At SweetLabs we build products that empower developers to offer users a richer and more compelling application experience. Today, we do that through two unique platforms: Pokki, a powerful platform that brings media-rich web applications directly to the desktop; and the OpenCandy Software Network, which offers user-friendly software recommendations through the download and installation process. Our ultimate goal is to help developers deliver useful, entertaining and informative applications to consumers across any device.
The team behind SweetLabs is a smart, pragmatic and experienced group united by a shared desire to improve the software discovery process and user experience for everyone. We work in a casual but fast-paced environment with flexible schedules, full health benefits, 401k and free lottery tickets (or as we call them, stock options). Our investors include Google Ventures, Intel Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners and O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures.