The Sales Planner will support the Wetpaint advertising sales team to maximize revenue opportunities. He/she will gather information needed by sales for client proposals, presentations, research, campaign management, and post mortem campaign analysis. He/she will be responsible for developing exceptional communication pieces through superior customer service. Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Ad Sales, the Sales Planner will represent Wetpaint with the highest level of integrity.
The ideal candidate should have demonstrated success with high attention to detail for pulling research, creating mock ups, presentations, sales sheets, and brainstorming creative opportunities to offer advertisers. The ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally is critical. Strong communication, attention to detail, creative / graphic design, project management and analytical skills are all requirements. This role will also manage the relationship of Comscore and Wetpaint.
1. Gather, define, prioritize and communicate sales requirements
2. Develop strong understanding of Wetpaint’s ad products and sponsorship opportunities
3. Package and productize online ad campaigns across Wetpaint.com properties
4. Develop case studies for new products and projects
5. Provide pre- and post-sales operations support to the sales team, including preparation of slide decks, demos, collateral, etc.
6. Evaluate competitive products and provide SWOT analysis
7. Support the Wetpaint Ad Sales team by developing products and packages that target key markets, prospect potential customers, and helping Ad Execs drive sales
8. Work closely with sales team and understand client requirements to answer questions and remove impediments to delivering sales at scale
9. Work with ad operations to provide accurate inventory availability forecasts/reports, and review campaigns and create post-campaign reports for advertisers
10. Drive execution, completion and fulfillment of requests for proposal (RFPs)
11. Assist Sales with Comscore and other key reporting systems
12. Review media plans to ensure accuracy of placement details
13. Assist in filling out advertising spec templates and answering questions about Wetpaint’s ad specs
14. Enter media plan details into systems (e.g. MediaVisor, Atlas)
15. Work closely with development team to set product timelines and calendar of product offerings
16. Manage product milestones and communicate project status to management
17. Identify new business needs and conceptualize new products
18. Create advertising mock ups in Power Point using Photoshop
19. Manage Wetpaint’s ComScore relationship, ensuring Wetpaint is categorized within ComScore correctly, adding new
1. Track record of strong attention to details.
2. Successfully created proposals and presentations with a unique product offering that requires problem solving intuition.
3. Superior presentation, analytical, graphic design, and relationship management skills.
4. Knowledge of and experience with social media preferred.
5. 3 – 5 years of sales planning / coordinating experience.
1.Infectious attitude and fun to work with!
2. Creative in piecing together a story in PowerPoint in how Wetpaint meets the advertiser’s objectives
3. Proficient in Photoshop, Powerpoint, and MS Office.
4. Excellent project management, organization, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
5. Self-starter capable of executing with limited oversight and direction.
2-4 year degree preferred.