Moving sucks, right? We're making it easy for the 45 million Americans moving each year. We need your help!
- You're an extremely talented backend engineer
- Enthusiasm, initiative and a passion for success
- You're comfortable working independently and are self motivated
- Excellent communication skills: written and spoken English
- Strong problem-solving abilities and eager to learn new systems and technologies
- Must possess aptitude for quick decision-making in a rapidly evolving environment
- Able to work on-site (no telecommuting or relocation offered)
Updater is the fastest growing web business in our industry and have secured several major partnerships, ensuring that our company will be a very exciting and rewarding place to work this year. We are well funded and growing quickly- we launched our site less a little over a year ago and we are up to a team of 10, half of which is our engineering team.
Working with us:
Our work atmosphere is both intense and really fun. We all love what we are doing and work our hardest, but keep things light with crazy interns and weekly outings. We have a great team energy and it's a great place to go to work. Our office is right at Madison Square Park in Manhattan.
It's important to us that every person at the company understands every angle of our business- customer service, fund raising, business development, partnerships, etc. Expect to be involved in the highest level decision making on any given day.
At least 1 year programming exclusively in Scala, or at least 3 years programming in Java
Meaningful experience with a web framework like lift, spring or rails
Meaningful experience in database design preferrably with mysql or oracle
Some experience with unix/linux and bash scripting
We're looking for top-tier engineering talent and we're willing to pay market or above-market for the right fit. We also offer a generous stock option package because we want every member of our team to feel, think and act like an owner.