About the Job:
We are looking for a mid to senior level engineer with solid experience in backend platform development who will:
• Work with our product team and in-house engineers to enhance and extend our high concurrency social platform.
• Participate in an agile development process, ensuring we work on the most important features and have continuous feedback
• Communicate closely with the rest of the team, sharing discoveries, offering guidance, & accepting feedback
• Have a contagious motivation to build best-of-breed products
• Work with other team members to define, enhance and implement internal and external APIs
• Ensure availability of the application in production
• Be a mentor to junior team members
• Make recommendations for best practices and supporting technologies
• Use software engineering best practices to deliver quality software
You love this opportunity, because you:
• Have a history of tackling interesting problems with code
• Possess an innate technical curiosity
• Are detail oriented, organized and thorough
• Are calm under pressure
• Embrace agile/scrum and the advantages it brings to communication, flexibility, and delivering working code
• Recognize that software engineering is often about tradeoffs
LocalResponse helps marketers respond to real-time consumer intent. Based in Chelsea NYC, LocalResponse is co-founded by digital advertising pioneers Nihal Mehta (founder ipsh!, sold to Omnicom in 2005 & early investor in Admob), Kathy Leake (co-founder Media6Degrees), and Michael Muse; and is backed by Cava Capital, Vodafone Ventures, Metamorphic Ventures, Extreme Venture Partners, Progress Ventures, Jim Pallotta and others. LocalResponse works with Fortune 500 advertisers such as Audi, Cadbury-Adams, Coca-Cola, Dell, Estee Lauder., FedEx, General Electric, General Mills, General Motors, Hersheys, Kmart, Loews, McDonald’s, Microsoft, NBC-Universal, Pepsi, Verizon, and Walgreens.
Deep experience with NodeJS or equivalent and maintaining applications in production.
Experience with high concurrency/low latency systems.
Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, is preferred.
Ad Tech experience is a plus.
Have on the job experience as a platform backend engineer
Bachelor’s in Computer Science or a related field. Masters or more a plus.
Excellent communication/collaboration skills and a team-oriented mindset.
Please submit a code sample with your application