Local.com (an Irvine-based local search engine), is looking for an entrepreneurial team player with the spirit and desire to envision change and see it happen. As Local.com increasingly shifts our focus to locally centered search design we are seeking an A+ Developer with a true “start-up” vision and mentality. This is a rare chance to become a part of a strategic team working diligently to rapidly enhance its product offering in a local search market full of opportunity!
The Developer will be a part of the Engineering Team which oversees the development of Local.com’s core technology. The position calls for development of well designed high performance back-end and middle tier Java code. This position will be responsible for working with other Developers, the Database Team, and the QA Team to achieve product requirements in a fast paced Internet environment.
The Developers responsibilities include:
• Develop new applications and support existing applications.
• Proficiency in developing high performance code using modern development techniques to widely accepted professional software standards.
• Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines are a must. The ability to balance essential versus non-essential aspects of development to meet schedules and requirements is required.
• Perform functional performance and unit testing, and develop test cases as part of code submission to QA.
• Track application deployments and implementation in a scheduled release environment.
• Must be available on call for production support after normal works hours and on weekends
Job Qualifications / Candidate must have:
Six or more years developing in an open source/Linux environment using Java.
Strong experience in O-O design and familiarity with design patterns
Good practical knowledge of Linux environment and shell scripting
Relational database experience, SQL server or MySQL preferred
In depth knowledge on JDBC, JSP, Servlets, JMX, Eclipse, Tomcat
Search engine experience with Lucene, Solr a plus
Big data analytics experience with Hadoop, Map Reduce or other NoSQL a plus
Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work with a team or independently
Excellent oral and written communication skills