We are looking for a hotshot server guy/gal that's not scared of occasionally touching our client. We are creating a virtual world and in planning for the next level, we need to find someone with breadth and depth of experience, the drive to want to succeed in a startup culture/climate, the ability to do about 17 things at once and the aptitude to build and expand upon whats already been created.
We also need someone with concurrent programming skillz and experience architecting scalable solutions.
You'll be responsible for the server technology, which is obviously integral to the growth of our company.
· experience architecting scalable and redundant server architectures
· experience architecting concurrent systems/multi-threading
· experience with resource locking/sharing, deadlocks etc
· experience with with consumer facing systems that handle large numbers of concurrent users
· experience in the games industry a plus
· Java 1.5/1.6
· Postgresql and database clusters
· Database transactions
· Jetty and continuations
· BEA weblogic
· IBM websphere
· Maven (+Ant)
· Flash / Actionscript 3 / Flex
Bachelors, Masters, PhD with a high GPA from a good school