We are looking for someone who specializes in machine learning, stats, data mining, and building a semantic search product.
Are you a software engineer looking to work for a startup company working on challenging problems? TalentSpring is a startup company using data mining to match employers and job seekers (using job descriptions and resumes).
Do you want to work on these challenging areas?
- Server Clustering Cloud: Algorithms that scale across Amazon EC2 servers, such as MapReduce.
- Machine Learning / Data Mining: Support Vector Machines, Regression Analysis, Graph Theory.
- Internet Crawling/Indexing: Using Hadoop to crawl the internet building large sets of data for data mining
- Either: PhD in Computer Science related to machine learning, data mining, or semantic search
OR: 4+ years experience working in a quant based hedge fund
- Ability to use existing algorithms in a new problem space: PageRank, MapReduce, LSA, TF/IDF, NLP, Semantic Analysis, etc.
- Strong Programming Skills: We look for people that want to code on high quality products
- Practical decision making when creating Commercial Products
- Experience in "R" or other Stats based data mining and machine learning tools
- Experience with Java, Ruby, or other languages in a shipping product
- Knowledgeable in a range the research available to the space of machine learning, NLP, etc.
We are looking for smart engineers who want to have a big impact in the products that they build. Our company culture is engineering focused and allows our engineers to have a large impact in shaping our business. We are looking for someone who wants to have a big impact by working on hard engineering projects. We have a solid business model.
We pay salaries normal for funded startup companies. Our company is funded with over $1mil from angel investors (including VC as an angel). Compensation plan includes stock options (with larger amounts than a VC funded company).
Our offices are in downtown Seattle. Feel free to email with questions or to apply. Feel free to forward to anyone who would be interested.
Please don't contact us if you are an agency recruiter, are looking for off-shore projects, or require relocation costs to relocate.