Local.com Corporation (NASDAQ: LOCM), a leading online local media company, enables brick-and-mortar businesses to connect with online customers using a variety of digital marketing products. The company reaches more than 20 million consumers each month on the flagship Local.com website, 1,400 regional media sites and more than 100,000 geo-category websites. The company distributes daily deals via Spreebird.com, rich media ads via Rovion.com, and real-time product inventory information from more than 50,000 retailers nationwide via Krillion.com. To advertise, or for more information, visit: http://www.local.com/.
In addition to a the recognized leader in local search, Local.com, Spreebird has recently launched which is a Daily Deal and Coupons Aggregator, Original Content provider and Mobile App. Recent additions are the acquired companies Krillion in Mt. View, CA who is a leader in local product search along with Rovion based in Boston, MA which specializes in in-person based rich media video content development and online advertising. Octane360 is a media company in Redondo Beach, CA. The company, Local.com, is headquartered in Irvine, CA.
• Provide strategic planning and execution of go-to-market plans for corporate initiatives and the brands, supporting customer acquisition and retention goals to surpass quarterly goals.
• Provide inputs into annual strategic marketing plan to position Local.com as a leader in its market. Inputs may include competitive products and activities, buyer profiles and market conditions. Harness the power of online marketing, mobile marketing and social networking to drive large-scale awareness campaigns that will build the Local.com brand to become top-of-mind among consumers and key advertisers.
• Executes programs that might include branding, advertising, media/public relations, creation of promotional and sales support materials, outgoing communications, events/tradeshows, marketing research and customer information database.
• Work with external agencies and internal colleagues, including the PR director, email marketing manager, programmer and designer to deliver marketing campaigns on time and on budget.
• Identify and implement brand-building and thought leadership efforts targeting small businesses, agencies and brands, to enhance our reputation.
• Help plan, manage and track the marketing budget.
• Work closely with the three Business Unit General Managers and Sales Leadership team and account management teams to build and execute the strategic marketing plan.
• Drive, manage and protect the company’s brand as a leader in connecting online consumers with local businesses.
• Drive sales from marketing, and be able to point (and track) specific revenues created from marketing dollars spent. Develop marketing dashboard with campaign ROI and track and report on marketing and sales campaigns on a quarterly basis.
• Participate in sales training sessions and assist with the development of marketing training curriculum for those meetings.
• Proficient in Database management, utilization of basic data mining with ability to perform basic to intermediate database management functions.
At least 7 years marketing, advertising or business development experience required, preferably selling to SMB, channel partners and/or media agencies.
Prior experience with multiple brands under a corporate structure.
Ability to develop, plan and implement against short and long-range goals.
Excellent written & oral communication.
Competency with Power Point, Word, Excel, and Project Management.
Strong attention to detail, negotiation, time management and organizational skills
Strong analytical and financial acumen
Expert in email marketing, online advertising, CRM, SEO and SEM best practices.
This person must possess the highest levels of integrity and character.
Honed analytical skills focused on problem solving and process improvement.
A person who is able to get along well with people and create an open environment for all levels of the organization.
An excellent negotiator who is experienced in contracts and third party vendors.
A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective, but willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done without being overly hierarchical.
High level of ability and influence in written and oral communications.
Team oriented, collegial, and collaborative.
Genuine and approachable and open to new ideas.
A healthy sense of humor will complement the candidate’s professional skills.
Develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
This person needs to be very hands-on, with a positive can-do attitude, which reflects the company’s corporate culture.
Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Business, MBA desirable
Salary, bonus, medical, dental, 401K, stock options