Castlight Health Inc. is seeking an ambitious, high-energy individual to be part of its high performance finance team and contribute to the success of a growing company.
The ideal candidate for our open Senior Revenue Recognition Analyst role must have strong motivation to take on challenges and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills as well as advance knowledge and proficiency in technical concepts of accounting.
Under the supervision of our Revenue Recognition Manager, the Senior Revenue Recognition Analyst will primarily be responsible for providing revenue recognition guidance to the Sales and Legal teams, playing a trusted advisor role for customer contract negotiations, reviewing contracts for revenue recognition compliance, ensuring appropriate documentation and recording of revenue and billings in Netsuite for each contract, and assisting the Revenue Recognition Manager with special projects. As Castlight grows, this role will have the opportunity to contribute to the creation of scalable infrastructure and a world-class revenue recognition team.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or equivalent degree and/or experience
• 2-3 years of relevant financial experience
• In-depth knowledge of SAB 104, SOP 97-2, EITF 00-21, and EITF 08-1 principles
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft office suite
• Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
• Highly focused, organized and detail oriented
• Collaborative work ethic and ability to work in a team oriented culture
• Motivated, self directed, and proactive with a willingness to take on additional challenges
• CPA license is a plus
• Relevant software (preferably SaaS) revenue recognition experience
• Exceptional interpersonal skills:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Comfortable with appropriate debate on difficult issues
• Motivated to build cross functional relationships
• Knowledge of NetSuite Financials and salesforce.com is highly desirable
• Partner with Sales and Legal departments during time-sensitive contract negotiations to ensure mutually agreeable adherence to revenue recognition policies and scalable processes.
• Review revenue contracts for appropriate revenue treatment, prepare contract packages, and create revenue recognition and billing schedules in NetSuite for compliance with revenue recognition guidelines, SAB 104 and EITF 08-1.
• Perform customer billing and accounts receivable activities, including sending invoices, payment collection, and cash application.
• Maintain documentation for all review and compliance work.
• Record monthly revenue and deferred revenue in NetSuite Financials, including adjustments and allocations via NetSuite Advanced Revenue Recognition module.
• Assist Revenue Recognition Manager with special projects, including analyses related to product pricing, fair value, sales tax, and audit preparation.
• Assist in identifying and implementing process improvements and system upgrade initiatives undertaken by department, including to NetSuite billing and revenue recognition process.
• Assist in preparation of internal and external schedules and documentation to facilitate annual audit and tax filings.
• Provide ad-hoc revenue related reports to cross-functional departments and management as requested.
• Lead and assist with non-revenue period-end close duties and other special projects as needed.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/9d9666b