We are currently looking for a talented programmer with Ruby / Rails experience to help with the rollout of eCommerce related functionality for RevZilla.com on a full or part-time basis (sorry no telecommute this is onsite only). This would involve opportunity to build, test develop and deploy significant features to an custom eCommerce store doing yearly sales in the tens of millions of dollars. The developer would also be exposed to the inner workings of a technology driven online retailer from the ground up and could gain valuable experience.
RevZilla was founded by a team of software developers so you will work side by side with the founders of the company to identify key functionality and features, wireframe, develop, and deploy to the production site.
If the following description sounds like you, you are going to love being a part of our team.
· You have strong passion for high-quality software and the ability to deliver product in an informal, agile environment.
· You prefer a whiteboard brainstorming session to written specifications.
· You don’t require management oversight to produce results. Once you have some direction, you take responsibility for the work at hand and have the initiative, imagination, and motivation to get it done.
· You like to learn from others, and to share knowledge and best practices.
· You have excellent deductive reasoning, problem solving, and decision-making skills. When it’s necessary to compromise to meet a deadline, you’re confident you can make the right decisions to achieve a balanced result.
· You have a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal/communication skills. You’re happy working both independently and with others in a multi-team setting.
· You’re not comfortable unless you’re at the top of your game. When you’re not at work, you’re tinkering with new technologies or catching up on ideas from industry thought leaders. You might even have your own blog and/or tinker on open source projects in your spare time.
· You’re passionate about developing rich interactive web applications on the RoR platform
We are a young company with a small talented staff of smart business people – who happen to love motorcycles. All we ask is that people are reliable and accountable as well as do kick-ass work for the time we’re paying them for. This job could be a great opportunity for a young entrepreneurial minded programmer to see how a new company grows and operates as well as work on projects that they can make reference to as “affecting hundreds of thousands of potential online customers and millions of dollars in revenue”. Feel free to check us out at RevZilla.com, on Facebook and Google our founding team.
Please include links to the following if applicable:
- Personal website, blog etc.
- Projects you've worked on
- github/twitter username
3 years or more of experience working in a team environment developing web applications (ideally with Ruby / Rails)
eCommerce experience a plus
Current or past motorcycle experience a plus
Ruby / Rails (or equivalent)
Expert SQL DB Skills (we use Postgresql)
Strong front-end HTML / XHTML, CSS and JavScript experience
Experience with Source Code Control (we use Git)
Honest (yup, we’re listing it explicitly as a desired skill)
Strong Communication Skills
BS Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
Commensurate with skills and market rate
Relocation budget available