Are you the type of person who likes to find solutions to mission critical challenges as part of high-performance team? Are you that rare individual that performs better under pressure? Do you enjoy working with the latest networking, SaaS and telecommunications technologies in a fast-paced environment that continually grows your skills? If so, the Grasshopper Technology Services team wants you.
If we were to draw up a wish list of qualities for Grasshopper's next great Telecom/SaaS Network Architect, they'd read:
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in SaaS application and telecommunications network design and management, including technical design & support of:
o Carrier/enterprise level VoIP service delivery, including SBC’s, Gateways, etc.
o SMS text messaging services and gateways, etc.
o SaaS application infrastructure, including IVRs, VM Ware, .Net web applications, web servers (IIS and Apache), load balancing, etc.
o Network infrastructure including physical networking (Cisco 6500 series switches, routers, etc.)
o Advanced routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF
o NetApp, Pillar or similar SAN storage systems
o Oracle RAC database platforms
o Carrier/enterprise level TDM service delivery, including ISDN, SS7, T1/T3/Sonnet, DCS (experience with Turin/Force10 a plus), muxing, etc.
• Proven experience designing and implementing tier-1 fully redundant active-active telecommunications data centers using the latest disaster recover techniques
• Experience leveraging cloud-based technologies such as Amazon web services (EC2, S3, SQS), NoSQL solutions, etc.
• Expert troubleshooting SaaS and telecommunications application network/infrastructure issues under high pressure situations (e.g., when system is down) and leading a team to rapidly restore the system to operation
• Excellent communications skills, both written and spoken
That's a tall order to fill, but if you fit the description, we have some great stuff to offer:
• Exciting technology. We are growing our tier-1 data centers using the latest in disaster recovery and high-availability techniques.
• A worthy challenge. Think you can ensure our customers experience 99.99% uptime. Let's see it.
• Awesome work environment. We've got free snacks, free drinks, and a dedicated room for our Wii.
• Tremendous benefits. What could you do with 4 paid weeks off?
Thousands of customers already use Grasshopper's virtual phone system every day. We're looking for an excellent network architect to help us grow our platform. If you're ready to design and implement the next generation of SaaS and telecommunications networks, drop us a line.
Grasshopper is one of the fastest growing privately held companies in the U.S. (Inc. named us #66 overall in 2007). We help entrepreneurs sound professional and stay connected with Grasshopper, the Virtual Phone System for entrepreneurs. Grasshopper works just like a traditional phone system, but it's all managed online or by phone. Entrepreneurs can get an 800 or local number, create employee extensions, forward calls, and get voicemails via email.
We’re motivated by the entrepreneurs we serve and supported by our company’s core values, which inspire us to go above and beyond, always be entrepreneurial, encourage our radically passionate nature, and work as a team.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online www.grasshoppergroup.com/careers