TheFind is a startup in the Bay Area breaking new grounds in shopping search by using machine learning and data mining. We have solved cutting-edge problems in information extraction for shopping - 6 patents granted. We successfully crawl a billion webpages and use automated machine learning methods to do product extraction and search relevance. We are focusing on all areas of shopping search like comprehensiveness, price comparison, coupons & deals, reviews, local shopping search, eco-friendly shopping, hot trends, personalized and social shopping, visual shopping search, mobile shopping etc.
The vision of TheFind is to become the starting point for shopping search on the web.
Some Stats about TheFind:
- Growth at more than 100% in both 2008 and 2009. Already profitable (rare thing in today's economy)
- Targeting $5.2B online shopping advertising spend. Funded by Redpoint, Lightspeed, Bain Capital Ventures
- Leadership team from Stanford, Princeton, UCB, Harvard, IIT, BITS Pilani, Yahoo/Inktomi/Altavista, Oracle, Microsoft, VMware, eBay, Verity
- Comscore Oct 2009 puts us at 19MM sessions per month, and #4 in the list of shopping engines.
- 400 million products, 500,000 stores. Compare this with shopzilla/shopping.com/pricegrabber/amazon (~20 million products, ~5000 stores)
- Largest coupon search index, largest local shopping search index
We're looking for talented engineers/architects to join our team to solve problems related to
(a) Web Information Extraction over a billion documents
(b) Categorization, Query understanding, Schema normalization, Sentiment identification
(c) User Data Mining, Personalization for 10s of millions of users
(d) Building computing grid infrastructure over large clusters
MS/PhD in Computer Science with strong search/ML/data mining background.
3+ years of relevant industry experience
Excellent programming skills in C++/Java/python.
Experience in distributed systems design, specifically network and multi-threaded programming.
MS/PhD in Computer Science with strong search/ML/data mining background
We give competitive salary, stock options, health benefits, 401K etc. You’ll be joining a group of experienced folks who love to innovate