Are you a software engineer looking to work for a startup company working on challenging problems? TalentSpring is a startup company using data mining to match employers and job seekers (using job descriptions and resumes).
- Strong background across Computer Science: Designing algorithms, etc.
- Masters degree level understanding of computer science concepts
- Strong Programming Skills: We look for people that want to code on high quality products
- Ability to use existing algorithms in a new problem space: PageRank, MapReduce, Semantic Analysis, etc.
- Practical decision making when creating Commercial Products
- Experience building and shipping products
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experince working in a startup company
- Ruby on Rails experience
- Merb in RoR experience
- Startup experience
- Experience developing product UI
- Experience on Amazon EC2 cloud computing
- Massively parallelized computing (MapReduce, Hadoop, Sharding Databases, etc.)
- PhD in Computer Science or related field
Do you want to work on these challenging areas?
- Machine Learning / Data Mining: Support Vector Machines, Regression Analysis, Graph Theory.
- Internet Crawling/Indexing: Using Hadoop to crawl the internet building large sets of data for data mining
- Server Clustering Cloud: Algorithms that scale across Amazon EC2 servers, such as MapReduce.
We are looking for smart engineers who want to have a big impact in the products that they build. Our company culture is engineering focused and allows our engineers to have a large impact in shaping our business. We are looking for someone who wants to have a big impact by working on hard engineering projects. We have a solid business model.
We pay salaries normal for funded startup companies. Our company is funded with over $1mil from angel investors (including VC as an angel). Compensation plan includes stock options (with larger amounts than a VC funded company).
Our offices are in downtown Seattle. Feel free to email with questions or to apply. Feel free to forward to anyone who would be interested.
Please don't contact us if you are an agency recruiter, are looking for off-shore projects, or require relocation costs to relocate.