You will be one of the first engineers working on a new type of infrastructure product for enterprise customers. You'll work among a unique triangle of technologies: client platforms (eg: Webkit, Blink, Cordova), search platforms (eg: Lucene, Elasticsearch, Sphinx), and network middleboxes (eg: nginx, Varnish, Traffic Server). You should be experienced in at least one of these areas.
Along with a small team, you will design, implement, test, and ship the product. Specifically, you will:
- Architect and implement the product. Emphasis on implement; this is a hands-on role.
- Ensure quality through TDD and via continuous integration and delivery.
- Use agile/scrum (with wisdom, not dogma) to ensure that we reach our milestones with useful and usable features.
Very occasionally, you will participate in discussions with customers and partners, as we refine our feature list and value story. If that sounds like a chore, then this job is not for you. You should have the experience to prioritize feature requests against long term goals.
- You must be talented enough to jump between different areas of design and development.
- You must be flexible and willing to work on whatever is needed for success.
- You must be collaborative so that we can make furious progress together.
Ideal candidates have:
- shipped and supported products for enterprise customers
- experience as a tech lead or engineering manager
- worked in a startup environment before
You must be fluent in at least two of the following languages:
Experience with node.js will be beneficial.
shipped and supported products for enterprise customers
experience as a tech lead or engineering manager
preferably worked in a startup environment before