Homejoy is an early-stage, successful startup headquartered in the heart of San Francisco. We’re a platform for connecting homeowners with high-quality, trustworthy home service providers - starting with home cleaning. Currently serving tons of clients in over 22 major cities across the U.S. and Canada, and we’re still growing really, really fast! We’ve recently raised capital from the world’s top investors including First Round Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, SV Angel, Max Levchin, Y Combinator, among many others.
We’re looking for a self-motivated individual to join our very small engineering team as we scale our site to millions of users. You’ll get to build simple and intuitive web products that solves real-world business problems -- everything from creating matching algorithms to connect clients with service providers to reacting to customer feedback with operational changes in real-time.
* You think at scale
* Service-oriented, distributed web products feel like home to you
* You are a craftsman; you take pride in the clean code that you develop
2+ years of Python development experience. You’ll contribute to our Python code base on your first day of work
Built significant web applications in Python and can show us what you shipped and how you made critical product decisions
Obviously we use Python, but if you’re an experienced web developer in another language we’d still like to talk to you
Bachelors in CS, or equivalent experience
Startup DNA a must
Bonus Points: Contributed to an open source software project; show us your Github account!
Bonus Points: Experienced a Homejoy cleaning and already know how we work as a client
* Very competitive pay, serious equity
* Health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
* New machine and other needed hardware
* Daily catered breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus a break room fully stocked with snacks 24/7!
* Transit pass
* Weekly personal group trainer to help stay fit and healthy
* Fun team outings, including sporting events, happy hours, bowling competitions, BBQ’s and pizza parties
* Relocation expenses (if outside of the Bay Area)
* Relaxed working environment; we won’t judge if you want to come to work in your jammies!