Broad Street Analytics is a New York City-based startup developing systems to help businesses crunch Big Data. Our software makes modeling, data mining, and real-time information processing faster and easier by managing data and coordinating available hardware. We have created a new breed of tools by reworking every part of the technology stack, from compilers and databases to GUI frameworks.
We are an engineering-centric, small, tight-knit team. Our team members have graduate training in computer science, mathematics, and interaction design. Our CEO has led a group to build similar systems at a major hedge fund.
We are looking for stellar engineers to join us in the middle of an intense product development process. Our only requirements are raw intelligence, a proven work ethic, and a passion for creating practical solutions to hard technology problems.
• Have experience working with big data, building distributed systems, or writing compilers,
• Think the big data revolution is going to change the world, and want to be involved,
• And want to work on challenging problems in a fast-paced startup environment in New York
...we may be perfect for you.
Things that would make us love you:
• You have built something interesting using a relevant open-source technology such as Hadoop, S4, or LLVM
• You are comfortable mixing a variety of programming languages (and learning new ones)
• You can wear many hats – acting as a project manager as well as banging out code
• You appreciate functional programming
• You are practical - you know how to strike the right balance between perfect code and code that works
No set requirements
Competitive salary + stock options