Be a part of a talented, fast-paced, energizing team and see your work change lives.
What we need you to do:
* Create and maintain scalable, modular software for Tykoon’s applications and APIs
* Collaborate on software design
* Measure and optimize the performance of new and existing systems
* Stay current on new, relevant technologies
* Participate in code reviews and discussions
* Mentor junior team members
You are experienced with:
* Ruby with Ruby on Rails, Sinatra or similar frameworks
* Software design patterns / OOP
* SQL and query optimization
* Resque or DelayedJob
* Linux or other *nix
* Git or other DVCS
* Building and consuming APIs and web services
* BDD, TDD, Cucumber, and RSpec
* Computer Science or related degree
* Mobile native app development
* Python experience
* Tornado, Node.js or other event-driven programming frameworks
* CouchDB, Riak or other NoSQL db
* CoffeScript, HAML, Saas
Tykoon is a new social financial services platform for families where kids can earn, save, give and spend real money. Tykoon helps parents teach their kids money management skills and instill strong financial values. The program is customizable to each individual family's financial values and the virtual environment is safe, secure and private. Kids can earn money through jobs, chores, and gifts; save based on personal and family goals; spend in a safe environment powered by Amazon.com; and give directly to charities through Network for Good.
We are headquartered in the heart of the Flatiron district in NYC on 20th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues. We have an amazing high-floor southern exposure office with lots of great light, natural plants, as well as open and private workspaces. Our founders are experienced entrepreneurs and are highly motivated to build a collaborative, interesting and productive workspace and company.
For more information, please visit http://tykoon.com to learn how a new generation of Tykoons can change the world.