Oliver Wyman Group (OWG) delivers advisory services to clients through three operating units, each of which is a leader in its field. Oliver Wyman (www.oliverwyman.com) is the largest part. It is a top-tier global management consulting firm that combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, organizational transformation, and leadership development. Lippincott (www.lippincott.com) helps clients create, develop, and manage their corporate branding, identity, and image. NERA Economic Consulting (www.nera.com) advises corporations, law firms, and government entities on the economics of competition, regulation, public policy, finance, and litigation.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman Group: www.oliverwymangroup.com .
Scope of Activities:
Partner with OWG business units (Retail, Health & Life Sciences, etc.) to understand business and client needs and opportunities.
Continue to grow the computing infrastructure environment by recommending improvements (increasing its automation and reducing downtime) and upgrades to the environment. Computing needs typically double every year as the business grows.
Manage a domain of 40+ servers including a high-end 64 core server with 1 TB RAM and over 150TB of drive space, with 20TB of SQL databases and 2TB DFSR.
Build and maintain a clean environment of the latest Microsoft technology including Windows and SQL Server 2008 R2, IIS 7.
Continue to learn about the hardware and SQL layers and ultimately step up to an autonomous role with ongoing guidance only when required.
Work with an agile team of bright colleagues who appreciate elegant solutions that deliver results quickly.
– Five+ years of experience administering Windows and related technologies such as: Windows Server 2008 R2, Active Directory, DNS, DFSR, Hyper-V, Failover Cluster, high-availability volumes, IIS 7 running websites, SMTP, FTPS, SQL Server 2008 R2 and Office 2010.
– Able to manage a network, including user access over VPN, RD Gateway, web servers, etc. to provide high availability and high security levels.
Quick learner and able to tackle new challenges
– Top level troubleshooting skills, e.g. confidently diagnose vendor bugs before the vendor discovers them.
– You must already live or locate to the U.S., where our Retail teams are located. You will be managing systems within the U.S. and Europe.
– The changing nature of our clients and our industry requires you face new challenges as they arise and quickly learn and adapt to them.
– Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, organization and self-management.
– Ability to learn, remember and recall a vast amount of information on the environment and custom solutions created to manage it.
– Reliable in fulfilling your commitments, tasks and projects with the high accuracy level that allows our team to be more agile than most.
– Excellent communication: Your colleagues and customers strongly value concise, coherent communication. Most of our work is done by email or chat, so fast and clear written communication is as critical as verbal communication. Your writing should be a pleasure to read and learn from.
– Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, systems analysis or a related field of study or equivalent experience.
– Certifications are not required but you should demonstrate your knowledge of material required to earn the MCITP.
– Ongoing education is beneficial and your ability to be abreast of current technology trends through published and online material is a plus.