Do you have both big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality? Do you enjoy working on cutting edge mobile, tablet, and web based technologies? Do you love fast-paced teams shaping creative, high quality, and engaging experiences?
seeking a gifted Senior UX Designer to drive user experiences for Tablet and other Android devices, not to mention new initiatives too sensitive to include here.
In just the last two years, we built an Appstore for Android, the created the innovative Test Drive feature, delivered the Appstore, and launched Appstore across Europe. We are just getting started, and we are looking for talented individuals to help us build what's next.
Our ideal Senior UX Designer candidate will exhibit a strong passion for building top-notch mobile and tablet experiences based on a well-rounded set of design skills.
Specifically, you will:
- Contribute to, develop, and iterate on concepts for web, mobile, and tablet design experiences in a fast-paced team environment
- Participate in the planning process for new features and projects
- Own the production of world-class deliverables and documents for presentation to engineers, managers, peer design teams, and senior executives
- Refine your designs, considering live customer data, market research, and usability studies
- Assist in the development and evaluation of personas, user stories, and usability studies
- Develop and contribute to wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes
- Work with a top-notch engineering team to understand and respond to their design needs.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- At least 5 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role
- Experience with web commerce and/or mobile experiences
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered mobile design solutions is a requirement for application (personal projects okay.)
- Skilled in visual, user-centric, and web-based design with expertise in user-centric design process and execution
- Strong customer advocate and use that to design scalable, effective UI
- Demonstrated visual design expertise; capacity for creating fun, highly usable designs and layouts, and a propensity towards simplification
- Fluency in best practices for mobile information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques. Demonstrated knowledge of Android user interface design principles
- Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing for the mobile devices
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, InDesign, and Omnigraffle
- The ability to create world-class mockups and style guides
- The ability to quickly turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups quickly in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills