Amplify has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Visual Designer to lead design initiatives for next generation tablet, web and print-based educational products aimed at grades K-5. We are looking for an exceptional talent to join our team as we re-envision elementary school curriculum and re-invent the classroom learning experience in English Language Arts, Science and Math.
The Senior Visual Designer will focus on the establishing the visual direction of our print and digital curriculum-based products while working closely with the Creative and Design Directors. The ideal candidate will be able to understand a product’s vision, and translate it into unique and comprehensive design solutions in collaboration with cross-functional teams and external vendors. The Senior Visual Designer will demonstrate solid conceptual, visualization, communication and prototyping skills during all phases of creative development from inception to launch. The position requires a deep understanding of current technologies and design trends, and the desire to push the limits of innovation, creativity and storytelling using both digital and print platforms.
Responsibilities of the Senior Visual Designer:
• Design original teacher and student materials based on a thorough understanding of the product vision, client needs and user stories.
• Create high quality and engaging designs that show a strong attention to detail within the project timeframes and budget.
• Adhere to established style guidelines.
• Work collaboratively with the design, product, curriculum, engineering and management teams.
Basic Qualifications of the Senior Visual Designer:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 6+ years related experience in interactive/mobile/web design
• Excellent graphic design, layout and typography skills
• Expertise in Creative Suite
• Experience with print and digital production
• Highly organized and capable of working on simultaneous projects to meet tight deadlines.
• Able to effectively collaborate with a team as well as take initiative and work independently to solve problems.
• Positive and enthusiastic with a drive for continuous learning and skill development.
Preferred Qualifications of the Senior Visual Designer:
• Experience with UX/UI, IA, motion graphics, web design.
• Familiarity with game design, storyboarding, creating prototypes (prototyping software tools).
• Comfortable with short development cycles and flexible with shifting priorities.
• Knowledge of animation and/or video editing software such as After Effects, Flash, etc.
• Illustration and drawing skills.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds
Amplify Education, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.