LearnVest is searching for a experienced and passionate Wordpress/PHP Engineer to join our fast growing New York City based startup. LearnVest Wordpress engineers build intuitive and interactive interfaces that power the LearnVest content and tools seen and used by millions each month. You live in the Wordpress Codex constantly learning the latest functions and hooks to make your templates and plugins faster and more extensible. A creative problem solver who loves pushing the bounds of the WP framework to suit business needs. Half coder, half artist, with a unique eye for seeing how complex designs can become code, you turn ideas into a beautiful and functional reality.
- Portfolio showing your talents in action.
- Expert knowledge of WordPress, PHP, & MySQL
- Working knowledge of Linux, Unix, & Apache.
- Experience working with version control systems (GIT, SVN)
- Functional knowledge configuring NGINX.
- Able to create clean and maintainable code from mock ups.
- Easily collaborate with other engineers, designers and product managers.
- Familiarity with page speed and optimization techniques.
- Experience performance tuning wordpress for high traffic websites.
- Comfortable working autonomously, using limited concepting to build out projects.
- Abreast of current trends, best practices and web standards (HTML5, CSS3).
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Can work from our Union Square, NY loft space.
- Experience with latest web technologies. backbone.js, node.js. Twitter Bootstrap, SASS/Compass CSS.
- Experience with implementing responsive design techniques.
- Understanding of A/B Testing principles in site optimization.
- Experience with common social APIs.
- Working knowledge of website and server analytics tools (New Relic, Google Analytics, Mix Panel).
- Active participant and contributor to the open source community.
To apply please go to the following website: