We are looking for well-rounded engineers who love building software for mobile devices and infrastructure. We're working on exciting new concepts that will define the next generation of mobile product search and shopping.
Ultimately, we are looking for intelligent and highly ambitious entrepreneurial developers who are passionate about creating great products and solving unique problems.
What are you looking for?
- A brilliant team working on an array of new mobile ventures that you have the opportunity to create and shape
- The fast pace and agility of a venture-backed startup (many of us come from venture-backed startups, and we can all attest to this!), with the handy resources of a technology/new media giant
- All the hardware/software/equipment you need, customized however you like
- Great amenities within a great building, including: fully stocked cafeteria and kitchen on every floor, amazing views of the Hudson river and a colorful/creative work environment
- Competitive salary/equity compensation, and better benefits than any other startup in New York City (phenomenal health coverage, 401K, gym discounts, software discounts, and a lot more)
You'll be writing high performing Python code that deploys to production multiple times per week.
You'll make key architectural decisions as well as solve scaling challenges.
The right candidate loves programming and is passionate about building products for web and mobile devices.
We have a fast-paced environment with the right balance of quick, iterative development and deliberate, smart architecting.
Have 3+ years solid programming experience and a CS degree (or equivalent experience)
Know Python and at least one Python ORM very well, or you have the ability to learn quickly
Are excellent with at least one programming language, and good with many others
Have a practical understanding of relational database design principles and understand how to use ORM's efficiently
Are familiar and confident with distributed systems, fault tolerance, and scalability, as well as server frameworks
Are experienced in scaling data-intensive applications with high concurrent-user load
Enjoy working in an environment that ships frequent, small iterations with minimal supervision
Love to code
BROWNIE POINTS FOR:
The Hadoop MapReduce distribution framework in a production environment
NoSQL databases (e.g, CouchDB, MongoDB), and knowing when, why and how to use them
The iOS SDK and Objective-C and Mac development, and with writing real code for iOS or Android SDK
Configuring a fully redundant web server solution (balance, proxy, http, db, caching) from scratch
Building web-based admin controls
Having used Gevent for asynchronous request processing
Having used ZeroMQ in a production environment
A BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering from a top school is preferred, but a wonderful project list trumps all. Prior startup experience is fantastic (but not necessary); being scrappy will help you hit the ground running.
Got an app that you've designed in the Apple App Store? Send us an iTunes link.
Have a portfolio of work? Shoot over a link.
Do you like writing about things you design/build? We'd love to read your blog.
Competitive salary/equity compensation, and better benefits than any other startup in New York City (phenomenal health coverage, 401K, gym discounts, software discounts, and a lot more)