Vimbly is a funded web 2.0 startup looking for highly motivated, hard-hitting interns to join the team for our public debut as we emerge from private beta. The Vimbly platform enables people to discover and book recreational activities. The company is a small place where interns will have the chance to wear many hats. If you want to perfect your coffee brewing skills, you need not apply. This role has the potential to have a lasting impact on the company.
Interns will have the opportunity to work directly with one of the co-founders and get hands on experience with the firm's social media development as well as marketing and user adoption campaigns.
Intern responsibilities include:
- Writing captivating blog posts and activity descriptions
- Initiating social media and company branding campaigns
- Researching vendors to feature on Vimbly (may include testing activities to see if they're fun)
- Engaging with Vimbly's users and vendors via Twitter
Strong performers will have the ability to:
- Strategize and implement marketing initiatives
- Develop industry relationships
- Be considered for full time or part time employment
Interns will receive meaningful guidance within each of their duties during the 12-week program. Vimbly has an open door culture and encourages asking questions. This company is built on not accepting the status quo.
Perks include free lunch and dinner in the office. This internship is otherwise not paid.
We want someone who:
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, creative environment
- Has a can-do attitude, a high energy level, and a detail-oriented mentality
- Possesses superb communication and organizational skills
- Embraces a team-oriented environment focused on achieving deadlines
- Yearns to understand the "big picture" and can be resourceful to get there
If this sounds like you, please submit the following with your resume:
1. Your favorite blogs or a few sites you visit everyday (if you have your own blog, send the URL)
2. The answer to the question "what turns everything around but does not move?"
Email your resume and above answers to email@example.com with “Startuply intern” in the subject line.