Founded in 2007, PlayUP is breaking new ground in the sports entertainment, mobile and social game markets. The vision is to offer entertaining social gaming and interactive experiences over mobile devices and the web to sports fans during live sporting events.
These quick, easy and low cost games have already launched internationally and are now coming to the U.S. Our first game launched in January, 2011 and we will continue to launch new games at the start of each new professional sports season. To achieve our goals, and take our applications to the next level, we require talented and passionate Ruby on Rails software developers.
· Minimum 1+ years commercial Ruby on Rails web application development experience
· Excellent understanding of OO concepts and design
· Excellent understanding of data modeling, software architecture and MySQL
· Solid understanding of Git source control
· Minimum 2 years professional software development experience using an agile methodology
· Demonstrable understanding of good unit and functional test writing, preferably using RSpec and Cucumber.
Advantageous skills and experience:(Optional)
· Experience in gem/plugin development
· Experience in NOSQL database
· Experience in Amazon Web Services, such as EC2, S3, RDB, ELB, Cloudfront, CloudWatch
· Experience with PhoneGap
· Experience with ActionScript/Flash
· Any native iphone or android application development experience
· Mobile web application development experience
· Familiarity with Jira
· Experience with JS unit testing
· Sports fans a plus
· Bachelor's Degree or advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field