‣ Be part of a team that is revolutionizing how computers analyze text.
‣ Build algorithms, SaaS, and API to analyze terabytes of online chatter to generate the most accurate, unbiased analysis of decisions people make about products.
‣ Explore large-scale content aggregation, data processing, and storage. Provide leadership, code discipline, and project design by example.
‣ Work closely with others to build a solid product stack. We believe in giving each employee ownership over an important part of our technology, product, and service.
‣ Get to work with top-notch researchers in machine learning and natural language processing.
‣ Be a true partner in our project (i.e. meaningful equity).
‣ Earn a reasonable salary, bonuses, medical, and other benefits.
‣ Work from NYC or Tel Aviv. Our NYC headquarters overlooks McCarren Park; a convenient 4 minute walk from the Bedford L, and 5 minute train ride from the East Village.
‣ Get to enjoy informal and friendly office atmosphere.
‣ Note: we are primarily a Java shop (plus some Python, Scala and R). Our infrastructure is EC2-based and we rely on Maven, Jetty, Solr, MongoDB, and MySQL. We hope that you are well-versed in these technologies, but are comfortable changing if a better alternative comes along. Our development environment supports both OS X and Ubuntu.
Get to run our machine learning and NLP algorithms on real world datasets, at real world speeds.
Help researchers implement and optimize their algorithms for near real-time performance over terabytes of data, and integrate these into our pipeline.
Work heavily with our application development team and coordinate research work with product development.
The ideal candidate will have a Masters in CS (or equivalent), with experience in distributed systems and/or high-performance algorithms.
Multiple years industry experience
B.S. in Computer Science (M.S. preferred)