‣ Be part of a team that is revolutionizing how computers analyze text.
‣ Build algorithms, SaaS, and API to analyze terabytes of online chatter to generate the most accurate, unbiased analysis of decisions people make about products.
‣ Explore large-scale content aggregation, data processing, and storage. Provide leadership, code discipline, and project design by example.
‣ Work closely with others to build a solid product stack. We believe in giving each employee ownership over an important part of our technology, product, and service.
‣ Get to work with top-notch researchers in machine learning and natural language processing.
‣ Be a true partner in our project (i.e. meaningful equity).
‣ Earn a reasonable salary, bonuses, medical, and other benefits.
‣ Work from NYC or Tel Aviv. Our NYC headquarters overlooks McCarren Park; a convenient 4 minute walk from the Bedford L, and 5 minute train ride from the East Village.
‣ Get to enjoy informal and friendly office atmosphere.
‣ Note: we are primarily a Java shop (plus some Python, Scala and R). Our infrastructure is EC2-based and we rely on Maven, Jetty, Solr, MongoDB, and MySQL. We hope that you are well-versed in these technologies, but are comfortable changing if a better alternative comes along. Our development environment supports both OS X and Ubuntu.
Use your expert Java skills to solve a wide variety of engineering challenges, ranging from data flow, to storage, to aggregation, to supporting APIs and the presentation layer.
Design and build high-load web applications and service-oriented systems for storing, processing, and searching a very large volume of unstructured text.
Implement a SaaS information delivery architecture. Deploy to and manage apps in the cloud.
Multiple years industry experience
Bonus: Knowledge of machine learning, statistics, natural language processing.
Bonus: Designing and consuming RESTful web service APIs.
Bonus: Hands-on experience with Hadoop / MPI or equivalent.
Bonus: Experience with cloud deployment.
Bonus: Experience with Python, Ruby, bash/unix tools.
B.S. in Computer Science (M.S. preferred)