Seamless Receipts, Inc. is looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team.
This position is full-time, onsite in our Manhattan offices. We are looking for people with full-time, commercial experience in the following:
* Either PHP -OR- C++
* Either MySQL -OR- NoSQL
You will have responsibility for programming website and web services tasks in PHP as well as C++ for server software tasks. If you have experience in both, that's great.
Please respond with a cover letter describing how your skills and experience match the following:
If your background is mainly in PHP:
* 2 to 5 years of commercial experience programming PHP in a Linux server environment using a PHP5 framework with a strong understanding and coding experience with the Object-Oriented features of PHP5
If your background is mainly in C++:
* 3-6 years of commercial experience developing C++ programs in a Win32 environment
* Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
* Experience with modern C++ techniques including templates, the STL, and/or boost
* Strong experience with multi-threaded applications and memory management
* Object-oriented design experience
* Networking and socket programming
Strong experience and understanding of database systems. We use both relational databases and NoSQL databases. We think NoSQL is the future, but MySQL is still going strong.
Excellent communication skills. This is for real, not just thrown in to make this posting look impressive. If you can't communicate your ideas and objections clearly and persuasively, how can anyone learn from all the wonderful things you know?
Strong knowledge of ego-less programming
* Knowledge of XML and Web Services
* Experience using a version control system such as Subversion, git or Mercurial
* Knowledge of basic Linux system administration.
* Previous contributions to open source projects. We'll encourage and support you in doing more of that.
This is full-time, on-site only. Really.