Homejoy is an early-stage, successful startup headquartered in the heart of San Francisco. We’re a platform for connecting homeowners with high-quality, trustworthy home service providers - starting with home cleaning. Currently serving tons of clients in over 22 major cities across the U.S. and Canada, and we’re still growing really, really fast! We’ve recently raised capital from the world’s top investors including First Round Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, SV Angel, Max Levchin, Y Combinator, among many others.
We’re looking for a self-motivated individual to join our very small engineering team as we scale our site to millions of users. You’ll get to build simple and intuitive web products that solves real-world business problems -- everything from creating matching algorithms to connect clients with service providers to reacting to customer feedback with operational changes in real-time.
* You think at scale
* Service-oriented, distributed web products feel like home to you
You’re a hacker who tells your friends you’re so much more than that because you love to understand the details of a business to figure out what needs to be built
You get excited about hacking real-world business problems - such as how to simplify the matching process between thousands of jobs and hundreds of cleaners, creating a simple user interface while clarifying customer expectations
You’re fast - you walk the fine line between getting products out the door and building them to perfection
Built significant web applications in Python and can show us what you shipped and how you made critical product decisions
We use Python, but if you’re an experienced web developer in another language we’d still like to talk to you
You’re opinionated and care intensely about the little details that make a great user experience
Bachelors in CS, or equivalent experience
Startup DNA a must
Bonus Points: Contributed to an open source software project; show us your Github account!
Bonus Points: Experienced a Homejoy cleaning and already know how we work as a client
* Very competitive pay, serious equity
* Health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
* New machine and other needed hardware
* Daily catered breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus a break room fully stocked with snacks 24/7!
* Transit pass
* Weekly personal group trainer to help stay fit and healthy
* Fun team outings, including sporting events, happy hours, bowling competitions, BBQ’s and pizza parties
* Relocation expenses (if outside of the Bay Area)
* Relaxed working environment; we won’t judge if you want to come to work in your jammies!