Do you value quality over rushed delivery? Are you passionate about ensuring that what the team is building is released at a high level of quality? Does the thought that there isn’t a repeatable automated test for things keep you up at night? If it does, then we want to talk to you.
You may be asking, what the heck is a Quality Enforcer? This isn’t your standard QA role. At TheLadders, a quality enforcer’s job isn’t to manually click through an application all day and open tickets in a ticketing system. Here, you will be fully responsible for a team’s ability to deliver high quality applications. You will help define what should be tested and ensure the entire organization delivers top quality products to our customers.
* You will create robust and comprehensive test cases from which the development team will execute (automate new test cases and maintain existing repository)
* You will manage, coordinate and perform release management tasks
* You will research and implement cutting edge QA tools and software
* You will support performance testing efforts
* You will contribute to and potentially lead daily stand-up, iteration planning, story gathering, and retrospective meetings
* You will facilitate communication and process improvements between product, user experience and development teams
* You will guide the product owners to create clear, unambiguous user scenarios and acceptance criteria
* You will execute exploratory testing and acceptance of new features as part of a story-driven Agile development process
* You will help prioritize, assign and manage workloads and team resources
* You have one or more years of experience as a QA Engineer for a web-based product
* You have worked in an Agile environment
* You have strong interpersonal skills and have worked closely with developers, product managers, business owners, and other QA leads
* You have strong troubleshooting and root-cause identification skills
* You have strong analytical skills coupled with an innate attention to detail
* You have experience with database verification/validation testing and the ability to write simple SQL queries
* You have experience with release and change management
* You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
* You have strong customer and business orientation
* You have test automation experience with one of the following frameworks: Selenium, Watir, FitNesse, Gomez/Keynote, WebDriver, QTP, etc.
* You have a background in (or affinity for) technical writing
* You have a BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
With the stated mission of finding “the right person for the right job,” we’re in the business of connecting jobseekers, recruiters and employers. We seek out motivated people who will dig deep into the emotional and business drivers of our customers and help them make meaningful connections. Individually and collectively we solve problems, not with a sense of obligation, but rather responsibility. Everyone is empowered to make the tough decisions which will make our products and services even more valuable to our customers.
We have a casual, collaborative atmosphere in our SoHo loft with dedicated “idea” rooms that are fully equipped with floor-to-ceiling whiteboards. And we can’t forget mention the obligatory snack room.
Please e-mail resume to email@example.com with “QA Engineer” in the subject line.